How do I download and install the latest update for CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager?
Updates to CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement and CCH® ProSystem fx® Workpaper are periodically released. Updates are applied to the version of Engagement or Workpaper Manager that you have installed. They do not upgrade you to the next version.
Example: If you have Engagement 7.2 installed, after installing an update you will still have Engagement 7.2 installed.
- The update will fail to install if you are not already on the same version of the software as the update. If you need to upgrade the software to a newer version, please refer to one of the following:
- The update should be run on all Workpaper Management, Terminal Server Client, Terminal Server Database, and Administrator installations to avoid errors when logging in.
To install the latest update to an existing installation, do the following:
- Click one of the following links based on the program you license.
- Find the Release section for the version of the software that you currently have installed.
- Example: If you have Engagement or Workpaper Manager 7.2 installed, locate the Release 7.2 section.
- Click Download file, next to the update that you want to install.
- Three options for the download are given. The first option is used for most installations. Click Download file, next to the first option.
- Note: The second and third options are provided for IT and advanced users to push the update install to all computers in an office. If you would like to use one of these options, please contact your IT dept, or local network administrator about setting up the installation.
- Depending on your browser options, you may receive the option to save the file or run it. Click Save File, or Save As.
- After the download completes, browse to the file location it was saved to in the previous step, right-click on the file and choose Run as administrator.
- Note: The default save location for most browsers is C:\Users\[username]\Downloads.
- Click Next through the Welcome window.
- Click Install.
- When the installation has completed you will get a message saying that the installation was successful. Click OK.
- For example: The September version of Engagement 7.5 (126.96.36.1990) will be able to download the December version of 7.5 (188.8.131.520) from the CCH Software Delivery Manager and the installation will upgrade.