"Authentication cannot be performed" when trying to access CCH® IntelliForms®.
Full Message Text
"Authentication cannot be performed. Please enter a valid CCH IntelliConnect username and password. Has your CCH IntelliConnect password changed recently? For additional information, click the KB button to access our knowledge base."
The most common cause of this error is a missing or incorrect ID or password. The second most common cause are incorrectly set firewall or proxy server settings.
Validating the ID and Password
- At the "Authentication cannot be performed" window, click Continue. The Preferences window opens on the Login and Firewall tab.
- Under CCH IntelliConnect Login Credentials, enter your IntelliConnect ID and password in the UserName and Password fields if they are not already there. If they are already entered, do the following to check if they are valid:
- Open a web browser and go to http://intelliconnect.cch.com.
- Enter your IntelliConnect ID and password and click Login. If you are able to successfully log in, your CCH IntelliConnect ID and password are valid. If you receive a message that your ID or password is invalid, please see Knowledge Base article How do I recover my IntelliConnect password?
- Once you have validated your CCH IntelliConnect ID and password, return to the Preferences window in CCH IntelliForms. If you have closed the window, click on either the Blank Forms or Client Forms tabs, click Preferences in the toolbar and select the Login and Firewall tab.
- If a valid CCH IntelliConnect ID is already entered in the UserName field, clear and re-enter your password, and then click Apply.
- If you receive an Authorized window displaying your subscribed form categories, you have completed troubleshooting. If you still receive the "Authentication cannot be performed" error, continue to the next section.
Verifying the Firewall or Proxy Server Settings
If your IntelliForms credentials are correct, you might need to enter proxy server or firewall information to connect outside the network. Contact your IT professional for this information.
- Under Firewall/Proxy Server Authentication, in the Proxy name or IP field, enter the proxy or firewall name or IP address.
- In the Port field, enter the port number the proxy for firewall listens on.
- If your proxy or firewall requires plain text authentication, under Authentication Information, enter your network user name and password.
- Click Apply.
- If you receive an Authorized window displaying your subscribed form categories, you have completed troubleshooting.