Diagnostic: 42594 - "This parent or Subsidiary return has not been calculated within the consolidated group" in a Consolidated return using worksheet view.
Full Diagnostic Text:
"Electronic Filing. This Parent or Subsidiary return has not been calculated within the consolidated group. This return will need to be entered from the consolidated return and recalculated by entering the return from the return group tab before it can be exported for electronic filing. If this return is a Massachusetts crossover return, please remove the X on the Federal General worksheet; Consolidated Return Information section; Return may be included in a consolidated return field."
In order to get the electronic return to pull all of the information correctly from the parent and subsidiary returns, they must all be calculated within the return group.
- Make sure the parent and subsidiary returns are closed.
- Open the consolidated return.
- Select the Return Group tab.
- Worksheet Menu/Tree
- At the bottom of the the Navigation pane on the left side of the window, click on the tab with four white sheets of paper.
- Full Window Worksheets List
- At the top of the Worksheets List window, click on the Return Group tab.