How do I create a backup of my ProSystem fx Practice Management database?
- Log on to the Server where the SQL database resides as a Windows Administrator and browse to '\cpas\vpm' folder.
- Launch cpasSQLUtil.exe.
- At the login screen select your Practice Management SQL instance.
- Note: This is usually servername\PRACTICEMGT.
- Leave the Authentication set to Windows Authentication and select Logon.
- Right-click on your database and select Backup Database.
- Note: The master, model, msdb, and tempdb databases are system databases and should be left alone.
- Browse to a location where you would like to save the backup (*.bak file) and select Save.
- Note: The *.bak file cannot be saved across a network drive, to a device with removable storage, in any profile directory (Desktop, Documents, etc) or at the root of any drive. Please save it in a local folder first, then copy the file to an alternate location if desired.
- Once the backup is complete you will be returned to the main CPAS SQL Utility window. Exit the window by selecting File > Exit.
Your SQL server\instance, database name, and server application path (CPAS folder) can be found by going to Help > About CCH ProSystem fx Practice Management and clicking on Additional Info.
To the left there is an attachment link to a guide on how to automate a backup routine using Microsoft® SQL Server Management Studio