Why are issues occurring with CCH ProSystem fx Document after installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0?
There may be a registry value applied to elevate all applications to use the latest version of .NET. This value is normally set if using both the Document Drive and older applications that run in .NET 1.1, as per Why did my CCH ProSystem fx Document Drive disappear from my workstation?.
Note: Check with your IT administrator before performing these solutions to determine which versions of Microsoft .NET Framework your applications are using.
- Go to Start > Run and type: regedit.
- Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework."
- Right-click on OnlyUseLatestCLR, and select Delete.
- Reboot the machine.
Solution 2 (use this solution for programs such as Microsoft Outlook if they are still using .NET 4.0 or .NET 1.1, and causing errors even after using Solution 1):
- Browse to the location of the executable for the application.
- Create a text file with the same name as the executable with .config on the end (example: Outlook.exe.config).
- If a .exe.config file already exists for the executable (i.e. Quickbooks, QBW32.exe.config) then edit the config file instead of creating a new one.
<requireRuntime version="v2.0.50727" />
Restart the application.
Solution 3 (If Email Management still is not working properly):
- Close Outlook, and make sure the Outlook.exe process is no longer running.
- Download and replace the adxloader.dll with the updated version. For more information, see why does the Outlook.exe process crash every time Outlook is closed with CCH ProSystem fx Document Email Management installed.
- Delete 'assembly' and 'Microsoft_Corporation' from the following path:
XP: "C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Local Settings\Application Data."
Vista: "C:\User\(user name)\AppData\Local."
- Re-open Outlook.