How do I enable or disable the Microsoft Office Plug-ins that firm staff can install?
Users must have the Microsoft Office Plug-in Framework installed on their workstations in order to install the Microsoft Office Plug-ins for CCH Axcess Document. For instructions on installing the Microsoft Office Plug-in Framework (click here).
Enabling or Disabling the Option to Install the Microsoft Office Plug-ins
As the administrator of the CCH Axcess Document Plug-ins for Microsoft Office, you can regulate which plug-ins your firm's staff can install. Once you have approved a plug-in for installation, the individual staff members can choose to install the files on their workstations as needed. To select the plug-ins available to your firm's staff, do the following:
- Open CCH Axcess Dashboard.
- Select Configuration on the navigation panel.
- Select Firm settings and defaults under the "Firm" section.
- Click Office Plug-in Configuration.
- Click Check for New Plug-ins to query the installation server for an updated list of plug-ins. The list of available plug-ins at the bottom of the window is updated.
- Check or uncheck the boxes beside each plug-in that you want to make enable or disable for firm's staff.
- Click OK.
For information about installing the Office Plug-ins on individual workstations (click here).