How do I reset a return password in CCH Axcess Tax?
The Send Password feature in Return Manager automatically resets and assigns a new password for a secured tax return.
- The new password is emailed to the staff requesting access.
- The reset return password "functional right permission" must be assigned to use the Send Password feature.
To send a return password in an email message, complete the following:
- Select a secured tax return in the Return Manager grid.
- Select Send Password in Maintenance > Utilities.
- Select a user ID from the list of staff with access to the Tax system.
- Select Send.
- The password is reset automatically and emailed to the selected staff.
- The system displays a confirmation message when the email transmits successfully.
Note: The system displays an alert message if you attempt to send a password for an unsecured tax return.