Error: "Installation of Primary Interop Assembly failed," when installing CCH ProSystem fx Document Drive 3.9.
- If you see this message in this environment, it can be ignored; continue on with the installation.
- The message appears when Document Drive installer tries to install the Primary Interop Assembly component of Office 2007.
- On machines that have Office 2010 this will fail to install, since Office 2010 already has these assemblies.
- If you see this message on machines that have Office 2007, cancel the install of Document Drive.
- Open Control Panel.
- Open Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features.
- Locate and remove Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assembly.
- Install Document Drive again.
- The Document Drive installation may be unable to repair it.
- Removing the PIA and allowing Document Drive to reinstall it should resolve this issue.