How do I print address labels in CCH Axcess?
The Print Labels feature allows you to create labels for clients, staff, and contacts.
Permissions Required to Access this Report
In the security group a user is assigned to, the View permission in the following areas much be set to Grant:
- Functional Rights > Reports > Labels > Print Labels
- Functional Rights > Administration Manager > Client Manager > Client Profile
- Functional Rights > Administration Manager > Staff Manager > Staff Profile
- The Staff Profile View right is only required if you wish to print labels based on staff profile information.
To print labels, do the following:
- Click Print Labels under Reports on the Configuration window in Dashboard.
- Select the label size from the list of available templates. A preview of the label page type displays to the right of your selection.
- Select the type of address, primary or mailing, to use for the labels.
- When the address type you select is not set up in a client, staff, or contact profile, another available address from the profile is used. When Primary is selected but is not assigned in a profile, the mailing address is used. When Mailing is selected but is not assigned in a profile, the primary address is used. If neither the primary or mailing address is assigned, the first address added in the profile is used.
- Selecting a different label type displays the previously saved settings (for example, address format, filters, and sort order settings) for the selected label type.
- Select a keyword in a line and press Delete to remove the keyword, and then enter your own text.
- Select and insert keywords.
- Select a keyword in a line and press Delete to remove the keyword.
- Click the down arrow and select a keyword that is not currently used in the address format from the list. The available keywords are based on the label type you selected in step 4.
- Click Insert.
- To insert multiple keywords on a single line, such as for city, state, and zip, position your cursor after a keyword in a line, enter a space, and then select and insert another keyword. You should also enter any standard punctuation, such as a comma, between the Address city and Address state keywords.
- To view the parentheses columns and the And/Or columns, click Advanced. Click Simple to show fewer options.
- Click in the Field Name column to select a field from the list.
- Click in the ( column to enter an opening parenthesis, if needed. Click repeatedly to add up to three opening parentheses.
- Click in the Operator column to select an operator from the list.
- Click in the Value column to enter the value used by the operator in relation to the field.
- Click in the ) column to enter up to three closing parentheses, if needed. You must use a closing parenthesis for every opening parenthesis used.
- If there are additional criteria lines, click in the And/Or column to select AND or OR, depending on the relationship between the lines.
- Repeat these steps for any additional criteria lines. You can enter up to 15 lines.
- Click Preview on the button bar to review the label presentation.
- Click Print on the button bar to print your selection.