How do I set up my return configuration set stationery options for Correspondence Manager?
The Stationery Options window in the return configuration set allows you to customize stationery to use with letter templates. You can use system provided letterhead or your own letterhead with return correspondences.
Note: You can set correspondence options at the return level, overriding the return configuration set options.
To customize stationery, do the following:
- Open Dashboard, click Configuration on the navigation panel, and then click Return configuration sets under Tax.
- Double-click a return configuration set on the navigation panel.
- Expand Correspondence and click Stationery Options on the navigation panel.
- Enter your letterhead options. Letterhead settings are applied to all letter types except for filing instructions and to custom client invoices.
- User letterhead. Select to use a custom letterhead on your correspondence with customers.
- Custom letterhead suppresses the tax return Print border invoice option.
- Custom letterhead suppresses the heading lines entered on the Letter Options window.
- User letterhead on all pages. Select to print the letterhead on all pages of your correspondence. If this option is not selected, the letterhead will print only on the first page.
- Note: This option is not applied to custom client invoices.
- Upload letterhead files. Click to upload letterhead image files. You can then browse to upload header, footer, and left side margin files to include as part of the letterhead. Uploaded letterhead files override the return configuration set Heading line 1 through Heading line 5 information entered under Letter and filing instruction configurations on the Letter Options window. The files must be 1 MB or less per letterhead section and can be TIFF/TIF, JPEG/JPG, GIF, PNG, or BMP.
- Go to our articles on uploading correspondence letterhead and letterhead specifications for more information.
- Installed letterhead files. Double-click an installed letterhead file to open the Configure Letterhead window.
- Delete. Select an installed letterhead file and click Delete to remove the file.
- Note: There are a few exceptions. By default, the following letters and Organizers display and print only the system-assigned font settings:
- Tax letter templates. Filing instructions and consent letters
- Organizer letter templates. Consent letters, mail/presentation sheets, and alternate mail sheets
- Note: Custom margin sizes are not applied to filing instructions. System-assigned margin sizes print for filing instructions. There are a few exceptions. Custom margin sizes are not applied to the following correspondence. System-assigned margin sizes print for these items:
- Tax letter templates. Filing instructions
- Organizer letter templates. Mail/Presentation Sheets and Questions, Pages 1 through 4
- The font selected must be available on each workstation used to manage correspondence.
- You can override the return configuration set font settings or the system-assigned font settings for a letter template or an Organizer template in Correspondence Manager. The font changes you save to a template in Correspondence Manager are applied when the letter is rendered in a tax return or when the Organizer is printed.
- Custom font settings are applied when tax letter templates are rendered in a return and when Organizer letter templates are previewed or printed.