How do I update CCH® ProSystem fx® Scan Administrator to the newest version?
The video below explains how to install Scan using Software Delivery Manager.
Note: The video may reference an earlier version of Scan. The installation instructions are identical for all versions of Scan.
Before You Begin
- The instructions in this article pertain to updating existing installations of Scan only, not installing for the first time. Click here if you are installing CCH ProSystem fx Scan for the first time.
- To update Scan, you first must install Software Delivery Manager. Click here for instructions on installing Software Delivery Manager.
- The steps in this article must be performed from the Scan Administrator workstation. Before proceeding with the download or installation, please move to the Scan Administrator workstation.
The process to install CCH ProSystem fx Scan using Software Deliver Manager consists of two steps.
- Downloading the installation image from Software Delivery Manager.
- Completing the installation process.
Downloading the Installation Image from Software Delivery Manager
- Open Software Delivery Manager.
- When prompted for a User ID and Password, enter your CCH® ProSystem fx® Office single sign-on (SSO) ID.
- By default, the User ID is your 6-digit CCH® ProSystem fx® account number.
- Select Scan from the list of products to install.
- Click Start Download in the lower right-hand corner.
- If prompted, select the location where you want to save the installation files.
- Note: During this step you are not installing anything yet. You are just downloading the files to be used for installing.
The download may take a bit of time, depending on your Internet bandwidth. Once the Download Status column displays "View product installation package," you are ready to continue.
Instructions for Completing Installation
As a reminder, the following steps must be done on the Scan Administrator workstation.
You should disable all anti-virus software installed on the workstation before beginning the following procedure.
- Click View downloaded file in Windows next to the product that you are installing. A new Windows® Explorer window opens showing you the installation file that you just downloaded.
- Note: The file name might vary, depending on the version you downloaded. For example, if you downloaded Scan version 18.104.22.168, the file is named "scan_us_22.214.171.124.exe."
- Double-click the .exe file to start the installation process. The Install CCH ProSystem fx Scan window displays.
- Click Install CCH ProSystem fx Scan.
- If you have already disabled your anti-virus software as advised above, click Yes. The CCH ProSystem fx Scan installation wizard opens.
- Click Next. The end user license agreement window displays.
- After reading the license agreement, select I accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next. The Choose Install Location window displays.
- Click Next. The Ready to Install window displays.
- Click Install.
- When installation completes, select Use existing permission key, and then click Next. The system prompts you to reboot the workstation.
- Select Reboot now, and then click Finish.
- Go to https://support.cch.com/updates/scan/ to run any updates that are available.
At this point, you should update Scan on your workstations. For instructions, see How do I install CCH ProSystem fx Scan Workstation?