How do I roll forward a return template in CCH Axcess Tax?
In CCH Axcess Tax, a return template is what was called a default return in CCH ProSystem fx Tax. A return template is used when creating new returns. If used it will automatically populate data into the new return based on what is entered in the template. Return templates can be rolled forward from year to year.
To roll forward a return template...
- Open Dashboard.
- In the left-hand pane, click Applications.
- Under "Tax Processing" click Batch Manager.
- In the ribbon, click New Job > Roll Forward > Templates.
- Select the Tax Year and other filter criteria to bring up a picklist of the return templates that you want to roll forward. Then click Go.
- A list of templates that meets the filter criteria will appear.
- Check any or all of the templates listed to select them to roll forward, then click Continue.
- Checking the box next to "Tax Year" will select all of the templates in the list.
- In the ribbon, click Refresh Job Status to update the status in the "Job Status" column.
Click to view the Help file on rolling return templates forward to the next year.
- Click to see the course from our 2015 CCH User Conference about Tax Return Preparation and Review in CCH Axcess.