"Unable to detect a connection to either the network or SQL. Close the application and contact the network administrator" when logging into CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager.
To resolve, do the following:
- Launch Services (Local) by typing services.msc in the Start menu search field and press Enter.
- Locate the following services and verify they are running:
- Pfx.Engagement.SocketService (7.2 and later)
- SQL Server (PROFXENGAGEMENT)
- Note: The SQL Server Agent (PROFXENGAGEMENT) service will show as disabled by default, and this is expected.
- Right-click and select Start for any service that is not running.
- Re-attempt to launch Engagement or Workpaper Manager.