Diagnostic: 49364 - "The required PDF attachment for Form 8453 Signature Document has not been requested" in a Partnership return using worksheet view.
Full Diagnostic Text:
"Electronic Filing. Return Disqualified. The required PDF attachment for Form 8453 Signature Document has not been requested. The Form 8453 Signature Document must be signed and scanned to create a Portable Document File (PDF). The scanned PDF must then be attached to the electronic return by using the Electronic Filing worksheet. PDF Attachment - Required section."
In a Partnership return, the Federal form 8453-PE, U.S. Partnership Declaration for an IRS e-file Return, is the default signature authorization form when the preparer has chosen not to use PINs in the return. Therefore, the 8453-PE should be signed, dated and included in the return as a PDF attachment.
In the same diagnostic set, you will see the diagnostic number 29414 as explanation under the category CAUTION.
- Go to the General > Electronic Filing worksheet.
- Select section 1 - General Information and Qualifications.
- In line 25 - Taxpayer self-selected PIN, enter a PIN.
- In line 26 - Originator self-selected PIN, enter a PIN.
- In line 27 - PIN Authorization indicator, select from the drop-down menu.
- Click to find more information on self-selected PINs.