How do I enable 2-step verification in CCH® Client Axcess?
This article applies only to enabling 2-step verification for your clients using Client Axcess.
2-Step verification will be enabled for all accounts on April 29, 2018. We recommend that you enable it beforehand, so that you can become familiar with it.
The verification process is device and browser specific. Users must perform the verification process on each device and in each browser they use to access Client Axcess. After verifying identity on a device and in a browser, they can log in for subsequent sessions with just user ID and password.
- Note: We strongly recommend including a phone number when setting up user accounts, as this can be used to send verification codes via text or voice call.
Enabling 2-Step Verification
2-step verification can only be enabled by the firm administrator. In order to enable 2-step verification, the firm administrator must do the following:
- Click the Management & Settings button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select 2-Step Verification.
- Check the box marked I understand the changes this will make to the log in process. This activates the Enable button.
- Click the Enable button. A confirmation window opens.
- Click Yes in the confirmation window.
Once 2-step verification has been enabled, the name of the firm administrator who enabled it, and the date on which they did so, will be visible for users with full rights in the 2-Step Verification section of Management & Settings.