How do I configure or change the retention period for files in CCH Axcess™ Document or ProSystem fx Document?
To change the retention period, do the following:
- Launch the Dashboard:
- CCH ProSystem fx Document: Dashboard > Configuration > Firm > Settings and defaults > Document > Class and Subclass.
- CCH Axcess Document: Dashboard > Application Links > Firm > Settings and defaults > Document > Class and Subclass.
- Open the Class you want to change for editing, change the Retention # field (and the Retention Unit, if desired),
- Click OK.
- You'll get a confirmation that states, Class and Subclass & Do you want to update the retention period for these files which refers to existing files that class; if you click Yes all existing files in that class/subclass will have their retention periods changed; if you click No only newly added files will have the new retention period applied.
- You'll get a confirmation that states, Class and Subclass" & "Class updated successfully.
- Click Close.
- Click OK to close the configuration window.