How do I upgrade a previous version of CCH® IntelliForms® on Citrix® XenApp® and Microsoft® Remote Desktop servers?
- Download IFSetup.exe (the installation file) from http://files.cchsfs.com/releases/intelliforms/ifsetup.exe.
- Your environment must meet the following requirements:
- You use Citrix® XenApp® and Microsoft® Remote Desktop Server running Windows® 2012 R2 or higher. Note that Windows 2008 R2 and Windows® 2012 are not supported.
- You must have Administration permissions to install CCH IntelliForms.
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.7.2 or above must be pre-installed on your Citrix® XenApp® and Microsoft® Remote Desktop server.
- A previous version of CCH IntelliForms must be installed on the Citrix® XenApp® and Microsoft® Remote Desktop Server.
- All users must be logged out of CCH IntelliForms prior to performing the upgrade.
Perform the procedure below on each Citrix® XenApp® and Microsoft® Remote Desktop server that you want to direct CCH IntelliForms users to.
Warning! All users must be logged out of CCH IntelliForms prior to performing the upgrade. Failure to do so can cause the new version of CCH IntelliForms to close unexpectedly.
- On the Start page, go to Control Panel > Programs > Install Application on Remote Desktop Server.
- Click Next.
- Click Browse to navigate to and select IFSetup.exe.
- Click Open.
- Click Next to start the CCH IntelliForms upgrade.
- Click Next on the Welcome window.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement on the License Agreement window, and then click Next.
- Note: If you select I do not accept the terms in the license agreement, the installation will end.
- Enter the User Name and Organization information on the Customer Information window.
- Click Next. The Select Type window appears. To upgrade to the CCH IntelliForms default installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolters Kluwer\Intelliforms), select Complete and click Next.
- Note: If you did a custom installation for the previous version of CCH IntelliForms and you want to upgrade to the same application folder, select Custom for the upgrade and click Next. Click Change to navigate to your previous Custom CCH IntelliForms application folder and click Next. If you select Complete, your custom CCH IntelliForms application folder will be deleted and the upgrade will install to the default CCH IntelliForms application folder. Note that all of your saved clients, profiles, and user settings are preserved.
- Select Anyone who uses this computer (all users).
- Click Finish once installation has completed.
- Click Finish in the Remote Desktop Server installation applet window.
- Launch CCH IntelliForms as a user.
- Verify that the Year field displays new forms year on the Blank Forms tab.
- Click Preferences > Forms to confirm that the Saved Data Path is correct.