How do I create a new staff or user ID (SSO user) for CCH® ProSystem fx® or CCH® Global fx internet applications?
- Explain how to create Single Sign On (SSO) users or staff.
- How to create log in accounts for Electronic Filing, My1040Data, Outsource Status, Tax Notebook, Global fx, or Software Delivery Manager.
- Software Delivery Manager
- CCH Global fx
- CCH My1040Data Toolkit
- CCH ProSystem fx Outsource
- CCH ProSystem fx Tax
- CCH Prosystem fx Tax Notebook Toolkit
- Electronic Filing
This article explains how to create staff members for CCH® Global fx, Electronic Filing, Software Delivery Manager, downloading permission keys, and any other program or process that uses Single Sign On (SSO) authentication for CCH® ProSystem fx® Suite applications.
In order to perform these steps, your SSO user must be the account administrator or have rights to configure staff.
- Go to https://admin.prosystemfx.com
- Log in using your Single Sign On (SSO).
- If you have forgot your SSO password, see our article on how to change your Single Sign On (SSO) password.
- Click Staff.
- To search for a specific staff or user ID, use the Filter staff by boxes at the top of the page and then click Search.
- Click Add.
- Fill out the boxes on this page and click Next.
- Required fields will display with an *.
- User ID must be at least six characters long.
- User ID cannot have been used by any other users of prosystemfx.com
- Users can be assigned to a group to be given specific functional rights. Groups can be created under the Groups tab on the main menu.
- Password should be set to a temporary password. The user will be prompted to change the password when they log in for the first time.
- The temporary password you set here will not get sent to the user. You will have to provide them this password manually.
- On the Licensing/Product Access page, select the products that you want the user to have access to, and click Next.
- On the Functional Rights page, select all the functions that you want the user to be able to access, and click Next.
- Click ? next to each functional right section heading to see what each right means, or view our Help file on Functional Rights.
- Other tabs on the main menu include:
- Groups - Use to create separate groups which contain their own functional rights. Users can be assigned to those groups under the General Information page for the individual user.
- Teams - Use to create separate teams for only informational purposes.
- Misc Setup - Use to assign users to different departments and/or titles and are only for informational purposes.
- Multi-Office - Used to copy titles, departments, groups, and teams from one office to another in a multi-office setup.
- How do I unlock or reset your own Single Sign On (SSO) password for CCH® ProSystem fx® and CCH® Global fx applications.
- How do I unlock another user's staff or user ID (SSO user) for CCH® ProSystem fx® or CCH® Global fx applications?
- How do I edit or configure a staff or user ID (SSO user) for CCH® ProSystem fx® or CCH® Global fx applications?
- You can also link your ProSystem fx Tax user IDs to Single Sign On (SSO) user IDs. That way you will not have to log in a second time when accessing Electronic Filing Status through the Tax program. To find out how, see our article on how to link SSO users for Electronic Filing Status in CCH® ProSystem fx® Tax.