How do I create Classes and Subclasses in CCH Axcess Document?
Creating Classes and Subclasses
Classes and subclasses are used to organize files and calculate the retention period of a file.
Using the Classes and subclasses window, you can:
- Create new classes and subclasses.
- View or modify existing classes and subclasses.
- Delete the classes and subclasses in the Document list.
To create classes and subclasses, do the following:
- Open Dashboard, click Application Links on the navigation panel, and then click Settings and Defaults under Document.
- Select Class and Subclass under Document on the navigation panel.
- Click New on the button bar to display the Class and Subclasses window.
- Select which entities should use the new class and subclass.
- Enter a name for the new class.
- Select the box next to Permanent if the class is to be retained permanently by the system.
- If Permanent was not selected in step 6, enter a retention period in whole numbers, and then choose Days, Weeks, Months or Years from the Retention unit list.
- Enter a name for the subclass.
- If the retention period is to be different from the class retention period, enter the new period in the Retention # box and select the Retention unit.
- Select the box in the Permanent column if the class is to be retained permanently in the system.
- To continue adding additional subclasses, tab until a new blank line displays at the top of the subclass list. Continue adding subclasses as needed.
- Click OK to save your changes or Cancel to exit the window without saving your changes.
- NOTE: Click Delete if you need to remove a subclass you have created.