How do I import information from Other Accounting Software that is capable of interfacing with Prosystem fx Tax into a tax return using the G/L Bridge import option?
G/L Bridge import option described below can be used for following programs:
- Go System Audit and Fund.
- CSA Trial Balance.
- CPA Client Writeup.
- Any other generic processing program that can create a Comp file.
In order to import data, use the following steps:
- Create a COMPFILE from the source program listed above.
- Open Tax Preparation. If you are already in Tax Preparation, and a return is open, you must close the return before you can continue.
- Select File > Import > G/L Bridge.
- Select the accounting system used to generate your client’s tax interface file from the drop-down list.
- Select Import File to select an interface file. Select the drive, directory, and the extension of the file you wish to use as an interface file.
- Highlight the import file, and click OK.
- The import file information displays in the top box of the G/L Bridge dialog. Now that you have the import file selected, you can select a new return, an existing return, or a Pro Forma to process through G/L Bridge.
Note: The category Other (Generic Processing) should be used for any system not listed in this chart that is still capable of interfacing with CCH ProSystem fx Tax.
Tax Products Processed:
Available tax products are:
- C – Corporation
- P – Partnership
- S – S Corporation
- X – Exempt Organization
- I – Individual
The presence of these codes signifies that the tax products are processed for the accounting system.
- CaseWare (CPSX).
- Go System Audit and Fund (X).
- CSA Trial Balance (CPSXI).
- CPA Client Writeup (CPSXI).
- Any other generic processing program that can create a Comp file (CPSXI).