How do I change or reset a login password in CCH Axcess™?
This article explains how to unlock or change your own password and how to change another user's password in CCH Axcess™.Use the following links to scroll to a specific section of this article.
- To Unlock and Reset Your Own Password. Use these instructions if you have forgotten your password or your user ID is locked.
- To Change Your Own Password. Your CCH Axcess password will expire and need to be changed every 90 days. Use these instructions to proactively change your password at any time before it expires.
- To Change or Reset Another User's Password. Use these instructions to unlock or reset another user's password if they have forgotten their password or their user ID is locked.
- Open a CCH Axcess product so that the login window appears.
- Click Forgot Your Password.
- Answer the security question.
- Click Submit. If you answered the question correctly, an email will be sent to you with a temporary password.
- Click Login.
- Enter the temporary password, the text from the image at the bottom of the window, and click Login.
- In the Current password box, enter your temporary password.
- In the New password and Confirm new password boxes, enter a new password.
- Passwords must be a minimum of eight characters. They must contain at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, a number, and a special character.
- Click Update.
- Review and update your security questions if needed. Click Save when finished.
- Click OK when prompted that your password has been changed.
- Open any CCH Axcess application and log in with your new password.
- Open and login to Dashboard.
- In the navigation panel on the left, click User Options.
- Click Change Login Profile.
- Click Change password.
- In the Enter current password box, enter your current password.
- In the Enter new password and Re-enter new password boxes, enter your new password.
- Click OK.
- Review and update your security questions if needed. Then click OK.
- Close the User Options window.
If you do no know the answers to the security questions for your staff ID, your firm administrator or another staff member with administrative rights can reset your password using the following instructions.
- Open Dashboard.
- Select Application Links
- Under Staff, click Staff Manager.
- In the grid, select (check) the staff member whose password you need to reset.
- On the ribbon, in the Settings group, click Reset Login Password.
- An email will be sent to the staff member with a temporary password.