How do I install CCH® ProSystem fx® Scan Administrator?
Our dedicated Installation and Training team will handle your initial installations of Scan Administrator, Scan Workstation, and PDFlyer. Your firm will receive an e-mail that explains this process and provides dates and times when our team will complete the installation and train your staff.
If you need to do a new installation of Scan Administrator at a later time, first verify that the computer meets the CCH® ProSystem fx® Scan: System Requirements. Then, use the procedure below to install Scan Administrator. This procedure is valid beginning with Scan v14.
- If you just need to update an existing installation of Scan to the latest version, see How do I update CCH® ProSystem fx® Scan Administrator to the newest version?
- For instructions on installing the Scan Workstation and PDFlyer components, see How do I install CCH® ProSystem fx® Scan Workstation? and How do I install CCH ProSystem fx PDFlyer for CCH ProSystem fx Scan?
- You must have administrator rights on the computer where you are installing Scan Administrator.
- Before installing, verify that the anti-virus software is disabled on the Scan Administrator computer.
To install Scan Administrator, do the following:
- Log in to the server or dedicated workstation where you plan to install Scan.
- Use CCH Software Delivery Manager to download the Scan installation file (prosystem_fx_scan x.x.x.x.exe).
- Right-click the prosystem_fx_scan x.x.x.x.exe file and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Next.
- Review the License Agreement.
- Click I Agree.
- If needed, change the destination folder where Scan should be installed by clicking Browse and navigating to the new location.
- Click Install, and then wait for the installation to complete.
- Select the permission key option for this installation. The options are as follows:
- Evaluation version. This option allows you to use Scan for a limited evaluation period. Do not select this option if you have purchased a Scan license.
- Download permission key from the internet. Select this option if you will access your permission key through the Support Web site. After clicking Next, you must log in to the Single Sign-On (SSO) Web page with your user ID (account number) and password.
- Use existing permission key. If a permission key is detected on the server, this option is selected by default, and there is no need to select a different option. If a permission key is not detected, this option is disabled.
- Use permission key from drive path. Select this option to browse to a permission key that is stored in a folder on the network or on a disk drive. Enter the location of the permission key, or click the browse button (...) to locate the file.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- If prompted, restart the computer.