How do I modify the login for the PFXSYNPFTService for CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement Administrator or Workpaper Manager Administrator?
When the CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement Administrator or Workpaper Manager Administrator, Terminal Server Database, or Terminal Server Client are installed, necessary services are created and started by default under the Local System account. Depending on the configuration of the network topology or domain, the Local System account may not have the correct permissions or authentication credentials to read and write data on a remote file share or server where the physical files are located.
- From the keyboard Press Windows + R. to open the Run Dialog window.
- Type services.msc.
- Click OK.
- In the Services window Right-click on PFXSYNPFTService and select Properties.
- Click on the Log On tab.
- Select This account.
- Enter login information for the domain Administrator or an account that has adequate permissions to access the remote file share.
- Click OK.
- Right-click on PFXSYNPFTService.
- Select Restart.
- NOTE: If the user that is chosen to run the service is subject to a password change on a timed basis, there will need to be an update to the service login saved to the service properties every time this occurs.