How do I edit letters in Tax Preparation using Microsoft® Word?
An existing letter (cover letter, filing instructions, or transmittal letter) prepared in Tax Preparation can be edited in Microsoft® Word. Once a letter is generated, using the steps below to edit the letter.
- Click on the letters icon, or go to Review > Letters from the menu bar.
- Select the letter you want to edit and click OK.
- Click on Edit in MS Word.
- The letter will open in MS Word and you will be able to edit the letter.
- Once editing is completed, select Add-Ins in Microsoft® Word.
- Click Save With Return to save the letter and go back to Tax Preparation.
- Click Close-Return to Tax Prep to go back to Tax Preparation with out saving the letter.
- When viewing the "Select Letters" screen that you see in step 1 above, a letter that has been edited will show under the Original letter and will say "MS Word" in the modified column.
- Click here to find out what versions of Microsoft® Word are compatible with the various years of Tax Preparation.