"Login failed for user 'se' " when logging in to CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager.
Full Message Text"Unable to detect a connection to either the network or SQL.
Login failed for user 'se.'"
"Unable to connect to the office server on [(servername)].
Error Code: 0x80040E4D
Message: Login failed for user 'se'.
Description: Unable to detect a connection to either the network or SQL on [(servername)]."
ResolutionBelow are possible resolutions to perform:
- Check that Engagement or Workpaper Manager services are started. Restart all of them if they are running.
- How to start, stop, or restart the CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager services.
- If you still receive the message, reboot the machine.
Note: If you're accessing from the Terminal Server Client machine, the above steps should be performed on both Terminal Server Database and Terminal Server client installations.
- Have the system administrator check and confirm the data connectivity ports:
- For a list of firewall ports used by Engagement or Workpaper Manager, see what ports are used by CCH ProSystem fx Engagement for data transfer.
- For versions prior to v2018, reset the SE account with the Pfx.Engagement.Pwd.Trigger.exe.
- Right-click on the Start menu.
- Select File Explorer.
- Browse to ?:\Pfx Engagement\Common, where ? is the drive that the program is installed to.
- Locate and right-click on Pfx.Engagement.Pwd.Trigger.exe.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- If the above steps fail, or if confirmed running v2018 or later versions: to resolve follow the below linked article and run a repair to Engagement or Workpaper Manager: