New Microsoft® Windows® 10 computers come with Microsoft® Office Built-in Windows® app resulting in add-in errors in CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager.
Full Message TextWhen opening Microsoft® Word® document:
"Unable to open workpaper"
When opening a Microsoft® Excel® workbook:
"This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated"
"Unable to set the install property of the AddIn class"
ResolutionThere have been reports of newly created Dell™ images that include a Built-in Windows app version of Microsoft® Office already installed. The CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager application does not support nor detect this version of Microsoft® Office. In order to resolve this issue, you will need to uninstall the Built-in Windows® app Office.
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Click the Settings gear icon.
- Click Apps.
- Locate Microsoft Office Desktop Apps in the following list:
- Click Microsoft Office Desktop Apps.
- Click Uninstall.
- This will begin an uninstall process in the background and may take a few minutes.
- Once this has been uninstalled, you should no longer receive errors.
- If errors persist, repair the Engagement installation.