2-step verification changes when publishing to a client's portal from another CCH application or the Portal plug-in
- Article Type:
- Last Modified:
With 2-Step Verification, the following changes occur when the firm staff user publishes a file to a client's portal:
- Firm staff users will choose to receive a one-time passcode via the email address or phone number(s) in the Portal user profile.
- Note: The options to receive the passcode via an SMS text message or by a voice call are only available if the user profile contains a phone number.
- Firm staff users will be required to enter the correct one-time passcode within five minutes of being prompted in the 2-Step Verification screen while publishing a file to their client's portal.
- Firm staff users will go through this verification process after more than 90 days from their last verification in the CCH application.
- For additional security, the option to save your CCH Axcess credentials in the Portal Plug-ins has been removed. You will be prompted each time you upload a file from your Office product.