How to update or upgrade CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement, Workpaper Manager, or Knowledge Coach to the newest version.
- Article Type:
- How To
- Last Modified:
Learn how to update or upgrade CCH ProSystem fx Engagement, Workpaper Manager, or Knowledge Coach to the newest version.
- CCH ProSystem fx Engagement
- CCH ProSystem fx Knowledge Coach
- CCH ProSystem fx Workpaper Manager
- Versions 2019.2.1 and newer
Starting with Version 2019.2.1 CCH ProSystem fx Engagement and CCH ProSystem fx Workpaper Manager now use a single installer for performing both updates and upgrades. Because of this there will no longer be an update available through the Engagement support page or Workpaper Manager support page, the process will use the installer available through the Software Delivery Manager for both upgrading and updating Engagement or Workpaper Manager.
Please review below article on the upgrade paths when upgrading to a newer version:
If attempting to upgrade Engagement or Workpaper Manager with an older CD image (Example: v2019.1.3, v2018, or v2017, etc.) please follow the below article instead:
- How do I upgrade CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement, Workpaper Manager, or Knowledge Coach legacy versions?
To upgrade Engagement or Workpaper Manager to v2019.2.1 or newer version, perform the following steps listed below:
- Complete all tasks in the CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager Pre-Installation Checklist.
- Review the linked article and confirm the version of Engagement or Workpaper Manager is supported for the firms environment:
- How do I use CCH® Software Delivery Manager?
- If the file is not downloaded on the server, copy the file to the server, or a folder that is accessible from the server.
- Note: If prompted to choose what folder to download to, do not download the installer to the x:\Pfx Engagement\Admin\Engagement CD Image\ folder.
- While logged onto the server, double-click the downloaded file to extract the contents of download (the CD\DVD Image) to a known location.
- The installation process should automatically start after the extraction process has completed.
- Note: When running the extractor do not extract the install files to the directory: x:\Pfx Engagement\Admin\Engagement CD Image\
- If the installation is being started manually, browse through the CD\DVD Image folders and right-click on Setup.exe and select Run as Administrator. The Install screen will then display.
- When upgrading, the SQL instance does not need to be installed again. The SQL database instance for the program already exists.
- If the currently installed features include additional features such as Knowledge Coach, these features will be upgraded. This will not give the option to install additional features.
- Click Update Engagement to Latest Version.
- Click Next. The License Agreement dialog displays.
- Read the license agreement. If you agree to the terms, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- Click Next.
- Read the warning message, create a backup if applicable, check the box that the warning has been read and click Next. The Ready to Install dialog displays.
- If the system does not meet the requirements for the application that is being installed, InstallShield displays a message listing the missing components. Click Cancel to install the necessary components.
- Click Install.
- Confirm the installer states "The Installation was completed successfully" and Click Finish.
- After upgrading the server the workstations can be upgraded by browsing to the Engagement CD Image share or the Workpaper Manager CD Image share on the server. Press Windows Key+R and type \\servername\Engagement CD Image (where servername is the name of the server) and press Enter.
- For Workpaper Manager, type \\servername\Workpaper Manager CD Image and press Enter.
- Repeat steps 4-10 for the workstation.
- Complete any applicable tasks in the What is the Post-Installation Checklist for CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager?.