Word does not end in Task Manager upon closing Word document from CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager.
- Article Type:
- Problem Resolution
- Last Modified:
- Word does not end in Task Manager upon closing Word document from CCH ProSystem fx Engagement or Workpaper Manager.
- Hung Word instance may cause Engagement to hang or crash when attempting to close a binder
- CCH ProSystem fx Engagement
- CCH ProSystem fx Workpaper Manager
- Known issue in Microsoft Office current channel releases 2203 and 2204
This issue has been found to be limited to current channel releases 2203 and 2204. Rolling back your installation of Office to a prior release and running a repair of Engagement will resolve this issue. It is suggested to roll back and update based on the Semi-Annual Channel however, any release prior to 2203 should resolve the issue.
- For instructions to change the update channel for a workstation please review Microsoft's article Change the Microsoft 365 Apps update channel for devices in your organization
- It is suggested to use the Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel. This is different from the Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel (Preview).
- In most cases changing the channel will force an update to change to the desired channel version within 24 hours.
- If changing the channel alone fails to update a workstation to the previous release please uninstall Office and use the Office Deployment Tool (ODT) to reinstall as suggested in the article linked above.
- Changing to the Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel will still provide the latest security updates on the second Tuesday of each month as all other update channels receive.