CCH Axcess™: System Requirements
CCH is continuously testing new technology so that we can certify it with our products. The following are the current minimum system requirements for CCH Axcess. Items not listed here are not certified as compatible at this time.
Workstation Operating System
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit - Professional and Enterprise
- Microsoft® Windows® 11 64-bit - Professional and Enterprise
Required: 8GB of RAM or higher dedicated to CCH Axcess
Recommended: 16GB of RAM when other applications are running concurrently on the same machine, for example, Microsoft® Office, Outlook, Adobe® Suite, Microsoft® Edge, Google Suite, etc.
- 64-bit Quad core or higher processors using AMD x86-64 or Intel® Core processors
- Screen Resolution - 1024 X 768 and higher
- Currently the use of touchscreen monitors is not supported
- 10 GB of free local disk space
- English (United States) is required for all Operating Systems
- PCL5e compatible printer driver
Microsoft Office Requirements
- Microsoft® Office 2016 32-bit or 64-bit Business, Business Premium, Professional, and Enterprise
- Microsoft® Office 2019 32-bit or 64-bit Business, Business Premium, and Business Essentials
- Microsoft® Office 2021 32-bit or 64-bit Business, Business Premium, and Business Essentials
- Microsoft® Office 365™ 32-bit or 64-bit Small Business Premium, Midsize Business, Enterprise E3, and Enterprise E4 subscriptions when applications are fully installed on local workstations.
- Note: Microsoft® Office must be installed on the user's workstation. Internet based versions of Microsoft® Office are not supported.
- All Microsoft® Office components (Word, Excel®, etc...) must be at the same Microsoft® Office version. We do not support a mix or split install of Microsoft® Office.
Software Automatically Installed
- Microsoft Edge WebView2 Redistributable
- Microsoft® Visual C++ Redistributable
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® Tools for Office Runtime
- Microsoft® SQL Express® 2014 (with Data Migration)
- Microsoft® SSRS Report Writer
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.7.2
- Note: This version of the .NET Framework will be automatically installed as a pre-requisite unless a newer version is already detected on the workstation.
Software Installed Separately
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Adobe Standard/Pro 2020 32-bit and/or 64-bit (not required for CCH Axcess Portal)
- Microsoft® Edge
- Google® Chrome™
- Incognito/Private Browser modes are not currently supported
- Adobe® Acrobat® must be installed for the Adobe plugin to be available. This is not required for CCH Axcess Portal.
Internet Bandwidth Requirements
Internet connectivity is required. The number of users and the other network traffic will determine the final amount of bandwidth needed.
|Active users per office Internet tunnel|
|Smart Client Download||700 Kb/s||3.5 Mb/s||7 Mb/s||14 Mb/s||35 Mb/s||70 Mb/s||350 Mb/s|
|Application Load on firm bandwidth||3.5 Mb/s||18 Mb/s||35.28 Mb/s||71 Mb/s||176 Mb/s||353 Mb/s||1764 Mb/s|
- Kb/s = Kilobits per second; Mb/s = Megabits per second
- The above bandwidth listings are guidelines for general use of CCH Axcess products. For a product such as CCH Axcess Document you will need to look at upload speeds as well. For example if you have 20 users all uploading files at the same time you will need enough upload bandwidth to handle that.
- Customer bandwidth may also vary based on the network latency and equipment, Internet peering issues, bandwidth at upstream providers, Internet usage besides CCH Axcess, etc. These variables affect the perceived performance of the connection and the amount of bandwidth required to keep performance adequate.
- For speed testing, visit https://support.cch.com/kb/solution/sw30968
Citrix and Terminal Services
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2022
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2019
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
- Microsoft® Terminal Services, Citrix® XenApp® 7.5
- Publishing Mode - Application and Desktop
- Required: 8GB of RAM or higher dedicated to CCH Axcess per concurrent user
- Recommended: 16GB of RAM per concurrent user when other applications are running concurrently on the same machine, for example, Microsoft® Office, Outlook, Adobe® Suite, Microsoft® Edge, Google Suite, etc.
- CPU/Cores - 64-bit Quad core or higher processors using Intel Xeon or AMD Opteron/EPYC based processors
- Profiles - Standard, Roaming, and Redirected
- Load Balancing - User session only (Roaming and Redirected profiles)
- CCH Axcess™: IE Enhanced Security Configuration for Citrix or Terminal Servers