The add-in is installed but does not display for Adobe Acrobat DC 64-bit when opened through CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager.
- Article Type:
- Problem Resolution
- Last Modified:
CCH ProSystem fx Engagement or Workpaper Manager plug-in is installed but does not display in Adobe Acrobat DC 64-bit.
- CCH ProSystem fx Engagement
- CCH ProSystem fx Workpaper Manager
- Adobe Acrobat DC 64-bit
- The plug-in for Engagement or Workpaper Manager is 32-bit and will not work in a 64-bit version of Adobe Acrobat.
- You no longer need to uninstall the 64-bit versions of Adobe Acrobat DC. To obtain plug-ins for Adobe Acrobat DC, follow these steps:
- Download the executable with the updated plugin for 64-Bit Adobe Acrobat DC Standard and Professional on the right side of this page.
- Double click on the executable to deploy the updated plug-ins.
- Open Adobe Acrobat to click on Edit and select Preferences.
- Click on Security (Enhanced) under Categories within the Preferences window.
- Ensure that "Enable Protected Mode at startup" and "Enable Enhanced Security" are checked.
- Click OK to close Adobe Preferences window.
- If that did not resolve the issue or has already been completed, the new Adobe menu may be affecting add-in functionality. Try the following, only if the installed version of Adobe utilizes the new menu:
- Select Menu.
- Select "Disable new Adobe [version]".
- The Engagement tab should now be visible at the top.
- Select "More Tools" in the tools pane.
- Scroll all the way down and drag the Engagement tools menu to the right pane.
New plug-in files deployed by the installer
- 24-bit depth image tickmarks for Engagement or Workpaper Manager default.
- The new plug-in will be included as part of the 2023.1.1 release. It will deploy during install and login when Adobe Acrobat DC 64-bit is detected.
- You may choose to install the 32-bit version of Adobe Acrobat Reader if you require the Engagement or Workpaper Manager menu in Acrobat Reader. Please contact Adobe Inc to obtain a 32-bit download of Adobe Acrobat products.
- Engagement or Workpaper Manager plug-in is only provided for 64-bit Standard and Professional versions of Adobe Acrobat DC. No Engagement or Workpaper Manager plug-in will be provided for 64-bit Acrobat Reader.
- Protected mode and Enhanced Security are required to use the 64-bit Acrobat plug-in for Engagement. Please ensure both are enabled before installation.
- The installer will deploy the required files to support using Adobe Acrobat 64-bit with Engagement or Workpaper Manager.
- As part of the support for 64-bit Adobe Acrobat, the default tickmarks included with Engagement or Workpaper Manager must be replaced with 24-bit depth images.
- This deployment will delete the Pfxengagementx.api plug-ins from the “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins” folder and from the “?:\Pfx Engagement\WM\utilities” folder, where "?" represents the storage drive Engagement or Workpaper Manager is installed to, to prevent 32-bit Engagement or Workpaper Manager plug-in from deploying on 64-Bit Adobe Acrobat installation.