How do I log in to a new device using 2-step verification in CCH® Client Axcess?
The video below explains how to log into a new device (computer, mobile, or tablet) using 2-step verification in CCH® Client Axcess.
2-step verification is an added security measure that can be enabled on your Portal account. 2-step verification increases security by sending users a one-time code that authenticates identity and the device from which they are logging in, adding a layer of protection more resilient than a password alone can provide.
Logging In Using 2-Step Verification
- Go to https://www.clientaxcess.com and log in to Client Axcess.
- If you are a new Client Axcess user, you will receive a welcome email. Click the link in the welcome email to authenticate your Portal account.
- Select an option to receive the security code and then click Send the Code.
- Email to. The security code will be emailed to your email address.
- Text message to. The security code will be sent to your mobile number. A phone number must be entered in your user profile for this option to be available.
- Voice message to. You will receive a phone call telling you your security code. A phone number must be entered in your user profile for this option to be available.
- In the Enter the code box, enter the security code that you just received. Then click Submit.
- If you are logging in from a trusted device (not a public device), select Trust this device for 90 days if you want Client Axcess to remember your device for 90 days.
- If you are a new Client Axcess user, you are prompted to create a password that you want to use to log into Client Axcess. Enter the password that you want to use and then click Save.
- The password must be between 8-32 characters. It must contain at least one number, one special character, and one uppercase letter.
- Use your new password to log in.