Diagnostic: 39451 - "Electronic Filing. The prior year income has not been entered and IRS is requesting this information for all return types filed..." with an 1120, 1120S, and 1065 return using interview view in CCH® ProSystem fx® Tax.
- Article Type:
- Problem Resolution
- Last Modified:
Full Diagnostic Text
Electronic Filing. The prior year income has not been entered and IRS is requesting this information for all return types filed. If the information is missing, an alert will be issued indicating the information has not been entered. This can be entered on Interview Form EF-4, Box 30
- CCH® ProSystem fx® Tax
- Corporation - 1120
- S Corporation - 1120S
- Partnership - 1065
- Interview View - IVF
- Diagnostic 39451 now issues to prevent electronic filing alert R0000-224.
- Go to Federal Interview Form EF-4.
- In Box 30 -Total prior year income (FD only), input an applicable Prior Year Income amount.
- Calculate the return.
- This input is not currently a required input for electronic filing.
- Total Prior Year Income is currently a voluntary efile security checkpoint input which does not cause an efile rejection.
- Leaving the field blank may cause the IRS to send an eFile Alert R0000-224
- Neither CCH Support, nor the IRS can define what amount from the prior year should be input in the Prior Year Income field.
- The IRS is not likely to specify what form and line from the prior year return they are expecting.