"The permission key file for licenses must be downloaded from Software Delivery Manager (SDM)..." when Adding licensing to the CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement Administrator module or Workpaper Manager Administrator module.
- Article Type:
- Problem Resolution
- Last Modified:
Please click Help for information on downloading the file from SDM.
- 2021 and newer versions of:
- CCH ProSystem fx Engagement
- CCH ProSystem fx Workpaper Manager
Add/Update License process in 2021 and newer versions of CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement Administrator module and Workpaper Manager Administrator module.
Your license key information unlocks the number of licenses purchased for each program. Once you have purchased your licenses, you can download the permission key files from Software Delivery Manager.
See Overview - License Assignment for more information.
To download and apply your permission key files, do the following:
- Open and log in to Software Delivery Manager.
Note: If Software Delivery Manager is not installed, see our knowledge base article Installing Software Delivery Manager.
- Click Permission Key to download the PermKey file to the following location:
- Open the Admin module for Engagement.
- Select Staff > Add/Update License.
- Select Permission key drive path.
- Click Browse.
- Select the drive and folder where the perm key files are located.
- Click OK.
- Click OK on the Add/Update License window.
- Click OK.