How do I prepare California Form 592-PTE in a 1065 return using interview forms in CCH® ProSystem fx® Tax?
- Article Type:
- How To
- Last Modified:
Learn how to generate and populate California Form 592-PTE for nonresident passthrough entity partners in a 1065 return using worksheet view.
- CCH ProSystem fx Tax
- Form 592-PTE
Verify the state of California is active in the return; either state Form 565 or 568 should be generated.
- Go to Interview Form K-1.
- In Boxes 75-96 - Residency Codes - State if different code, select an applicable state other than CA.
- In Boxes 103-127 - Entity Code, Select applicable passthrough partner (valid entity types to be included on Form 592-PTE are estates, trusts, S corporations, LLCs and partnerships).
- Go to California > CA20 - Forms 592-592A, & 592-B Processing Options, WH Agent Info. & Form 588.
- Expand Section 1 - Basic Data.
- In Box 30 - Produce Form 592, select the checkbox.
- Calculate the return.
Passthrough partners will be included if the following conditions are met:
- The partner is coded as a nonresident to California.
- The partner is coded as a passthrough entity type P, A, T, G, S, E, T, L, N.
- At least $1 of 592-PTE withholding is calculated, or if CA22 Boxes 30-58 - Partner number is populated for the partner, and CA22 Boxes 36-64 - Amount Withheld - O/R column includes a zero as input for at least the first 2021 Form 592 payment voucher.