How do I install ATX™ 2013 and newer or W2-1099/Payroll Compliance 2018 and newer as a network installation?
This article applies to:
- ATX™ 2013 and newer.
- ATX™ W2-1099/Payroll Compliance 2018 and newer.
- TaxWise® W2-1099/Payroll Compliance 2018 and newer.
As a precaution against losing work in other programs, you should shut down all other applications on your computer before beginning your ATX installation.
To install and activate ATX on the network server do the following:
- IMPORTANT! After installing as ATX server only, there will be no ATX icon on your desktop. This is because you are intending for this computer to be used only as a server, and you do not intend to use the ATX application on this machine. If you also want to use this computer to open and use ATX, then you should follow installation directions in Workstation and Server Installation.
- Do one of the following:
- Install from DVD. Insert the DVD provided in your product shipment into the DVD-ROM drive.
- Download from Web.
- Click Next.
- Select the I accept the terms in the license agreement radio button to indicate that you have read and agree to the terms of the license agreement; then, click Next.
- Click Next.
- Select the Network option.
- Click the Workstation and Server option.
- Click Install.
- Note: Installation speed may vary depending on your operating system or Internet speed.
- Click Finish.
This completes the Server only installation process. To install a workstation only, see Network Workstations Installation.