How do I install a new tax product in CCH® ProSystem fx® Tax?
The following video shows how to install an additional tax product to an existing installation of CCH ProSystem fx Tax.
To install a specific tax product, you will need to run an installation from the latest installation image or DVD for the year that you need to install the tax product for.
- For 2013 or later you will need to use Software Delivery Manager to download the installation image.
- For instructions on how to use Software Delivery Manager to install CCH ProSystem fx Tax.
- For 2012 or prior you will need to use the latest DVD for that tax year.
- For instructions on how to use a DVD to install CCH ProSystem fx Tax.
Regardless of whether you use Software Delivery Manager or a DVD to add the new product, when you launch the installation file you will use the following steps to add the tax product.
- Select the appropriate Permission Key option.
- Since we're adding a new tax product to an installation that already exists, select Use previously installed permission key and click OK.
- Select Add Products and click OK.
- Highlight Tax products and click OK.
- Check the tax product(s) that you want to add and click OK.
- If you are installing 2012 or prior, make sure the box is white with a check in it versus a gray box with a check in it. If you see a gray box with a check in it, uncheck and recheck the box. This will ensure that all the states for the tax product get installed.
- You may be asked to assign the product(s) to a Destination Drive.
- If you install CCH ProSystem fx Tax to a network drive, make sure to choose the appropriate network drive letter.
- Click Assign to Drive and click OK.
- If you are not prompted to assign the tax products to a drive, that means that the program already knows where to install them to.
- You will be prompted to select a program group. Select ProSystem fx Tax and click OK.
- Select Install now and click OK.
- The installation will start. It will complete on it's own.
- Beginning with 2013 CCH ProSystem fx Tax, installing a tax product (Individual, Corporate, Partnership, etc...) installs all states for that tax product.
- If you use custom letterhead, you will need to copy it into the Laser folder for the tax product/s that you just installed.
- For instructions on how to copy the letterhead file into the tax product's Laser folder.