How do I log in and complete the 2-step Verification process using a Authenticator App for CCH ProSystem fx Web Applications
- Article Type:
- How To
- Last Modified:
To provide instructions on how a SSO user can authenticate using an Authenticator App
ProSystem fx Web Applications
- Firm needs to have the use of an Authenticator App enabled at admin.prosystemfx.com
Steps To Pair Your Smart Device To An Authenticator App And Login.
- On your smart device, download the Wolters Kluwer Authenticator or Google Authenticator application from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Once you have the app installed on your phone, open your ProSystem fx Web Application
- Click User Option on the main login screen.
- Log in using your Single Sign On (SSO)
- If you have forgotten your SSO password, see our article on how to change your Single Sign On (SSO) password
- Complete 2-Step verification if needed
- Select 2-Step Device Pairing
- Select the desired Authenticator application to pair, and click Pair Device
- Note: Only one Authenticator app can be paired to a device at a time
- Choose the type of smart device you have and click Continue and a window with a barcode will display
- Based on the Authenticator app, follow the steps from the app on your smart device to pair your device
Wolters Kluwer Authenticator App
- Open the Wolters Kluwer App
- Click the + sign in the top left
- Click Scan QR code until you receive the message on your smart device "Authenticator added Successfully" and select OK
- Click Continue on the barcode screen on your computer.
- Click Close on the message that the setup was completed.
- Your device will now show as paired and you can now complete 2-Step verification using the Wolters Kluwer Authenticator
- During the 2-Step verification process select the App Authenticator option and then click Approve from the notification on your device
Google Authenticator App
- Open the Google Authenticator app
- Click Scan a QR code
- Scan the Barcode on your computer with your smart device until it says "Account Added" and then click Add Account to display a code
- On the barcode screen on your computer, scroll down and click on Continue
- Enter the code from the Google Authenticator app and click Continue
- Click Close when it says "Setup Complete"
- Your device will now show as paired and you can now complete 2-Step verification using the Google Authenticator
- During the 2-Step verification process select the App Authenticator option and then open the Google Authenticator app to get to get the needed code to authenticate
The only way to unpair your device is to remove the ability for the entire firm to pair a device.