How do I create returns from Pro Forma in CCH® ProSystem fx® Tax?
There are two ways to create a return from a Pro Forma file:
- From within Tax Preparation.
- Note: Using this method, you can create returns from Pro Forma on a return-by-return basis.
- Form within Production Processing.
- Note: Using Production Processing you can create returns from Pro Forma in batch.
- When you open a return for the first time in Tax, you are prompted to create the return from Pro Forma.
- Select the Create Return from Pro Forma options you want to use.
- Click Apply Updates to apply any updated data to the client profile.
- After the return is created, save the file to save it as a return.
- Note: If the return is not saved as a return it will revert back to a Pro Forma file.
- Open Production Processing.
- Click Process Pro Forma.
- Select Create returns from Pro Forma and click OK.
- Select the year that you are creating returns for. Select any other filter selections that you want to use and click OK.
- Add the returns to the Returns selected for retrieval window that you want to create returns for.
- When finished, click OK.
- Select the Create Return from Pro Forma options you want to use and click Create.
- When the batch process completes, you can print the results, copy the results to your clipboard (to paste in Notepad for example), or close the log.
- At this time, you can open the returns in Tax Preparation.
- For more information on creating a Pro Forma, see the solution on how to create a Pro Forma in CCH® ProSystem fx® Tax.