How do I format my data before importing into a trial balance in CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager using Paste TB Import?
In order to perform a Paste TB Import into a CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager Trial Balance the import data needs to be formatted correctly.
- Ideally the source spreadsheet would be in the same binder as the trial balance that is being imported into.
- In the source spreadsheet, the data that will be used for the Paste TB Import function should be setup into continuous columns with no blank columns or rows.
- Any blank cells will need to be either removed or have a value entered.
- Verify there are no frozen panes in Excel by scrolling up and down, also left and right. If so, please go to View > Freeze Panes > Unfreeze Panes.
- Verify that all account numbers are unique.
- A column for the Account Number and Description should be included as well as a single column for each balance column to be imported. Ensure that there are no special characters in the Account Number and Description columns.
- Do not use the following special characters in your Account Number: ' | : " , ( ) * ? &
- Do not use the following special characters in your Account Description: | * ? "
- Remove any spaces that follow the account number or description
- Balance columns should not contain any formulas or non-numeric data. Remove formulas by using the Copy and Paste Value Excel function.
- Verify that the Debits and Credits are in one column. The credits should be differentiated with a minus sign (-) or in parentheses.
- Column headers should not be copied when copying the data for the Paste TB Import.
We have included a Paste_TB_Import_Template.xlsx template workpaper in the "X:\Pfx Engagement\WM\Workpaper Templates\TB Import" directory that explains how to perform the Paste TB Import method and can be used as the template file for performing the import.