How do I format my data before importing into a trial balance in CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager using Paste TB Import?
In order to perform a Paste TB Import into a CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager Trial Balance the import data needs to be formatted correctly.
- Ideally the source spreadsheet would be in the same binder as the trial balance that is being imported into.
- In the source spreadsheet, the data that will be used for the Paste TB Import function should be setup into continuous columns with no blank columns or rows.
- Any blank cells will need to be either removed or have a value entered.
- Verify there are no frozen panes in Excel by scrolling up and down, also left and right. If so, please go to View > Freeze Panes > Unfreeze Panes.
- Verify that all account numbers are unique.
- A column for the Account Number and Description should be included as well as a single column for each balance column to be imported. Ensure that there are no special characters in the Account Number and Description columns.
- Do not use the following special characters in your Account Number: ' | : " , ( ) * ? &
- Do not use the following special characters in your Account Description: | * ? "
- Remove any spaces that follow the account number or description
- Balance columns should not contain any formulas or non-numeric data. Remove formulas by using the Copy and Paste Value Excel function.
- Verify that the Debits and Credits are in one column. The credits should be differentiated with a minus sign (-) or in parentheses.
- Column headers should not be copied when copying the data for the Paste TB Import.
We have included a Paste_TB_Import_Template.xlsx template workpaper in the "X:\Pfx Engagement\WM\Workpaper Templates\TB Import" directory that explains how to perform the Paste TB Import method and can be used as the template file for performing the import. Also we have them attached for available download.