How do I set up business rules in Sales Tax Office?
- Log into the 'Sales Tax Office – Administration' module as a supervisor or an administrator.
- Select Divisions > Maintain.
- If necessary, in the Entity drop down menu highlight the name of the entity.
- Highlight the Division for which you want to set up business rules.
- Press Business Rules on the Maintain Divisions dialog.
- Assuming the Business rules are already in effect, select Add on the Maintain Division Business Rules dialog.
- Enter the appropriate effective date into the Effective date field.
- Highlight the Business Rule you want to set up.
Select Yes in the Value drop down menu on the Add Division Business Rules dialog.Press the Update buttonPress the OK button.
- To use a custom tax or a custom group and item highlight the rule Use Custom Data.
- To use a taxability or tax rate override highlight the rule Use Overrides.
- To use tax on tax: highlight the rule Process tax on tax.