How do I create custom keywords for DataScan Plus in CCH ProSystem fx Tax?
When creating or editing a search package in DataScan Plus, we provide a list of popular keywords to search for. If a keyword that you want to search for does not exist in the list, you can create a custom keyword for any field that is in a tax return.
To Create A Custom Keyword
- Open Tax Preparation for the year that you are needing to run a scan in.
- Open a return of the same type that you are running a scan in.
- Go to the specific form that the keyword is located on.
- This can be either an interview form, a worksheet, or a government form.
- If you create a keyword on an interview form, it will not search the applicable worksheet.
- If you create a keyword on a worksheet, it will not search the applicable Interview form.
- If you create a keyword on a government form, it doesn't matter what input method you use.
- The field does not need to have data in it. It can be blank.
- Any keywords created on federal forms will be listed under "FD" in DataScan Plus.
- Any keywords created on state forms will be listed under the applicable state in DataScan Plus.
- Keywords are specific to the tax year and tax product from which they are defined.
- If you are defining a repeating field as a keyword, you must be in government or interview forms view. A repeating field is one that can have multiple occurrences on multiple sheets within the return.
- Click here to view a knowledge base article on how to use DataScan Plus.