How do I specially allocate items to a specific partner in a Partnership return using worksheet view?
- Go to the Special Allocations > Special Allocations worksheet.
- Select section 2 - Special Allocation Detail.
- In line 1 - Code Lookup, enter the federal or state allocation code.
- To view the list of codes, use the drop-down arrow, double-click on the box or press F4.
- The code that is selected will automatically populate in the Allocation Code box and the Description Box.
- In the grid in line 4 - Special Allocation Detail, in the Partner Number column, enter the applicable partner number.
- In the Allocation column, enter the percentage or dollar amount to be allocated to that partner.
- Repeat above steps for remaining partners.
- Calculate the return.
Note: Ratio IDs that have already been defined in the section 3 - Ratio Allocation Worksheet can be used in lieu of partner numbers.Note: If you are using activity numbers in the return, they must be used when specially allocating an associated item in order for allocation to work properly.
Note: When allocating by dollar amounts, any residual amounts will be allocated by partner percentages unless the Units checkbox is marked. Using units converts dollar amounts to effective percentages.
To view options for special allocations, go to the Shareholders > Special Allocations worksheet, section 1 - Special Allocation Options.