How do I classify account groupings in CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager?
- In your trial balance, select Account Groupines or in the 'Binder View' select the Trial Balance menu > Account Groupings.
- In Account Groupings, select your grouping from the second drop down menu in the upper left hand corner.
- Click the Advanced button.
- This will bring up the Group and Subgroup Classification dialog window.
- Click in the cell of the AccClass column to bring up a drop down menu to select an account classification.
- Account Classifications (AccClass) and Ratio Classifications (RatioClass) are optional. These classifications are used to break down balances and calculate net income or loss for the period.
- For more information on the default account classifications, refer to the article how do I find the default Account Classifications for CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager.
- The QuickView and Trial Balance Snapshot options will display the balances broken down by Assets, Liabilities and Equity, Revenue, Expenses, and Net Income. Open the QuickView window by using one of the following options:
- From the Binder window, select Trial Balance > QuickView.
- From the Trial Balance window, select Engagement > QuickView.
- In Workpaper Manager, select Workpaper Manager > QuickView.
- Related Knowledge Base articles: