What is the Post-Installation Checklist for CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager?
After completing the installation, perform the following tasks, as applicable:
- Verify that all administrative users have full access to the Admin Share folder on the office server.
- This folder, which is created during the installation, is shared by default.
- The networks administrator must ensure that all administrative users have full rights to that location.
- Admin Share folder is used for logging purposes.
- The Administrator module writes to "x:\Pfx Engagement\Admin\Admin Share."
- The program will still work even if the system cannot write to the log files.
- Administrator actions may still be performed.
- For logging and troubleshooting purposes, it is strongly recommend that Admin users be given rights to this folder.
- This will allow the system to properly log all Administrator actions.
- The installation process sets the CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement or Workpaper Manager folder permissions automatically.
- These rights are needed for Engagement or Workpaper Manager to function optimally.
- The installation gives the "Users" group all rights except Full Control.
- These rights are inherited by all child objects so that all folders and subfolders receive these same rights.
- If any services on the central file room server were set to log in with administrator rights, they will have been replaced during the upgrade and will need to be reset.
- In many cases, the Central Fileroom Workpapers will be stored on a file server that is not the same as the server that hosts the Administrator module for Engagement or Workpaper Manager. In these cases the PfxSynPftService is set to a Domain Admin(or service account with permissions to the remote folder).
- All binder templates will need to be converted to the new version.