How do I create the export file or compfile in CCH® ProSystem fx® Trial Balance to import into CCH® ProSystem fx® Tax or CCH Axcess™ Tax using G/L Bridge?
Before using G/L Bridge to import trial balance data from CCH ProSystem fx Trial Balance into your tax return, an export file (also called a compfile) must be created. Use G/L Bridge to import trial balance data into a return. After import, changes made in the trial balance will not update the data in the tax return.
Creating an export file (compfile) to use with G/L Bridge
- In CCH ProSystem fx Trial Balance, open the company that you wish to export.
- Click Setup > Tax Information...
- Verify/select the following.
- Tax Return - Select the type of tax return you are importing the trial balance to.
- Dates - Select the Tax Year of the tax return that you are importing the trial balance to.
- Trial Balance Year - The year in the Trial Balance Year field, as defined on the Years grid, corresponds to the tax year of the return that you are importing into.
- Tax Service - Select the tax program that you are importing into.
- Click OK.
- Open the "Tax Lines" grid (Work > Grids... > Tax Lines), and verify that the accounts are assigned to the appropriate tax lines. The tax lines' balances that will be imported into the tax return must have the value of Yes in the "Send to Tax?" column.
- Click Work > Create Tax Interface File...
- Select the folder path that the export file (Compfile.txt) will be created in and click OK.
- If you have already saved a Compfile.txt file to the location specified, you will be prompted to overwrite it. Click Yes.
- Click OK to the "Successfully created" message.
- You are now ready to import the compfile into your tax return.
Note: By design CCH ProSystem fx Trial Balance can only be imported into CCH Axcess Tax by using G/L Bridge. Below is a linked article with the instructions on how to export/import using G/L Bridge with CCH ProSystem fx Trial Balance into CCH Axcess Tax.