How do I reset my CCH Axcess Portal login password?
Resetting Your Password
A Portal user can reset their own password regardless of whether the firm uses standalone or integrated Portal:
- On the Account Login page, click Forgot Your Password?
- Enter the email address you use as your Portal login ID,
- Enter the case-sensitive characters in the Secure Code box.
- Click Next.
- Choose how to receive the one-time passcode:
- Email: The code will be sent to the email address associated with your user login.
- Text message to me: The code will be sent via SMS text message to the phone number you select. You can select this option only if you have previously set up at least one telephone number in your user profile.
- Voice message to: The system will call the phone number you select; simply follow the voice prompts.
Locked UsersEntering your password incorrectly five consecutive times on the login screen will result in the account being placed in Safe Mode. Once it is in Safe Mode, an account can be unlocked in one of three ways:
- If your account is locked, you will receive an email alert containing a link to complete the 2-step verification process to unlock your account.
- On the login screen, you can click Forgot Password and be prompted to authenticate your account using 2-step verification.
- On the login screen, if you enter the correct password, you will be prompted to authenticate your account using 2-step verification.
Note: This is the procedure for unlocking your account regardless of whether your firm has enabled 2-step verification.
Locked Users Report
A report of accounts that have been locked is available for firm administrators and firm users with full rights in Management and Settings, in the sign-in section. When a user's account is locked or unlocked, the Locked Users report is updated with the most current activity listed at the top. The report columns can then be sorted, filtered, and/or exported to CSV format.
Note: The Locked Users Report is currently only available for standalone Portal. If your firm uses integrated Portal, you can contact Support to have this report generated for your firm.