How do I use the Central File Room (CFR) Workpaper Path Change Utility?
Before utilizing the Utility, complete the following:
- Decide which CFRs to move the workpapers for, and where to move them to.
- Ensure that the target location has adequate storage capacity to accommodate the workpapers currently stored in the CFR.
- The CFR Workpaper Path Change Utility allows change to the workpaper path for a Central File Room (CFR) without assistance from support.
- Ensure that no one is currently synchronizing binders associated with that CFR.
- It will not be possible for a user to synchronize a binder associated with the CFR until moving it has been completed.
To use the Workpaper Path Change Utility, complete the following:
- Log into the CCH ProSystem fx Engagement Admin module.
- Right-click on the CFRs changing the path for, and click Properties.
- Put a check in the box next to Disable LFR to CFR Synchronization.
- Click OK.
- Repeat the process for any additional CFRs.
- Close out of CCH ProSystem fx Engagement Admin Module.
- Copy the workpaper files from their original location and paste them to the desired location.
- Launch the CFR Workpaper Path Change utility.
- The utility is located in the "Utilities" folder of the Engagement CD Image.
- At "(X):\Pfx Engagement\Admin\Engagement CD Image\Utilities"
- Where X is your installation drive.
- The file is called "CFRworkpaper.exe."
- Choose the CFRs to change from the "Inactive CFR" drop-down.
- Only the CFRs flagged as "Disable LFR to CFR Synchronization" will appear here.
- Click the Browse button next to the "New CFR path" field.
- You must browse to a mapped network drive. You cannot use a UNC path.
- Browse to the folder the workpapers were copied into, and click OK.
- Put a check in the box next to I have confirmed all binder synchs with this CFR have stopped.
- Click the Modify button.
- Repeat the preceding steps as necessary for any additional CFRs.
- Close the CFR Workpaper Path Change Utility.
- Log in to the CCH ProSystem fx Engagement Admin module.
- Right-click on the CFRs that were moved and click Properties.
- Uncheck the box Disable LFR to CFR Synchronization.