How do I restore or recover a prior version of a return in CCH Axcess™ Tax?
In Return Manager, you can recover previously saved copies of tax returns. Use the Recover feature when a return cannot open because of an error, or because you would like to restore a previously saved version.
The system automatically saves four copies of a return. This provides the ability to recover from 3 copies.
- Current version is the Autosave file
- Previous two versions
- First saved version
To recover a return, do the following:
- Select a return in the Return Manager grid.
- Click the Utilities tab and then click Recover.
- The date and time the copies of the selected return were created and the name of the staff person who created the copies displays.
- Select the return copy to recover on the Recover Tax Return window.
- Click Recover to replace the current return with the selected return copy.
- Click Recover again to confirm the recovery, open the selected return, and update the return history log with the recover activity.
Warning! Restoring a return will overwrite the current version with the restored version. If there is any data in the current version that you wish to keep, it is recommended that you save it as a new version before using the Recover feature.
- If a return is secured, you must enter the password before the return or its associated components can be recovered.
- A return that is in-use cannot be recovered.