How do I edit portal users in ProSystem fx Standalone Portal?
You can edit information about existing users for the portal.
To edit one or more existing users, do the following:
- Log in to your portal as the portal administrator or as the firm administrator.
- Click on the Administration tab on the navigation panel.
- Select Manage portal users.
- Type in the name of the portal the user is assigned to and click View.
- Select a user in the grid.
- Click the Edit Selected button at the bottom of the window.
- Personal tab:
- Edit any personal information regarding the user as needed.
- The minimum following information is required: (All other information is optional.)
- Logon ID (E-mail Address)
- Last Name
- First Name
- Business Phone and Cell Phone numbers
- These fields are important for using in verifying your identity in 2-step verification.
- Select a Default Security User Role (this is the user file management role):
- Administrator: Predefined portal security user role that grants the user access to all functions available to portal users.
- Standard User: Predefined portal security user role that grants the user access to file management functions available to portal users. Does not grant access to any administrative task.
- Limited User: Predefined portal security user role that grants the user access to the most essential file management functions available to portal users. Does not grant access to lock, send as hyperlink, request file deletion or to any administrative task.
- Read-only User: Predefined portal security user role that grants the user read-only access to files in the portal. Does not grant access to change or modify any file or to any administrative task.
- Portal Access and Security tab:
- If changes are also needed on the Portal Access and Security tab, select it to continue.
- Edit access and security rights for the user.
- Portal Access: Check the box to the left of the portal name you want to assign the portal user rights to.
- Grant Access: Select to make the user active for the selected portal.
- Access Expiration: Select a date from the list on which access to the portal expires (Optional).
- Security User Role: Select the security user role to which the portal user belongs.
- Personal tab:
- Click Save to save your changes or Cancel to exit the window without saving.
To view how to create portal users in ProSystem fx Standalone Portal, click here.